The holiday season has once again shown me why this is where I'm meant to be... I have never felt so blessed with such a strong support group! I never once feared I would spend Christmas "alone" in fact I had so many invites I had to politely decline! I won't deny that my first Christmas away from my family was hard, but thanks to the Fougere's I was able to wakeup in a house full of excited kids and watch Christmas magic like I used to experience! I cannot thank them enough for all they do for me, and how they have accepted me into their family, ( I always joke I'm more of a big sister than a babysitter) and spending Christmas with them meant more to me than words! I have also been blessed with a wonderful roommate who has become my ski buddy, and future roommate in our own place in February! Thankful for us her boyfriend is a good cook and had us over for tequila-lime halibut tacos for Christmas lunch!
This holiday season also brought my best friend plane tickets to come see me! I am beyond excited for Taylor to come visit me in march! As always visitors are always welcomed and encouraged to come to Alaska, all who are willing and able should visit this great state!
I also attended Christmas service at church and was reminded of the meaning behind Christmas and the reason we live each day. This year has been full of changes, growth and learning experiences, but it's all part of "the plan" and I'm looking forward to what the future holds for me!
Thank you to everyone near and far who has supported me this past year, and know that even if we don't talk as often as we used to, I still cherish the lessons and blessings you brought into my life! May you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!




Lauren so very proud of the wonderful young woman you have become. It is a joy to read your blog.. Love always Aunt Lala
ReplyDelete