Sunday, September 1, 2013

Alaska State Fair

     Yesterday I went to the Alaska state fair... Lets just say I'll check that off the list but won't file it under "favorites".  It was a rainy gloomy day, but in Alaska that doesn't stop us from venturing out! I met up with my roommate from princess and one of her friends and we headed to the fair, it was $5 to park and $14 to get in!  Somewhere in the 5 steps it takes to get from the ticket booth to the gate I lost my ticket!  It took me a good five minutes of searching high and low and I finally found the dang thing, because there was no way in hell I was paying again!  Once inside we walked around all of the 3 loops and inside a few of the exhibit halls.  I was really looking forward to the record breaking giant vegetables, but was disappointed when I saw they were all wilted and dying!  There also was not nearly as many as I expected or maybe I was looking in the wrong spot, who knows!  But a fair isn't a fair without fair food, so I tried the corn fritters with honey butter, because everyone knows I can't turn down anything made with honey!  They were yummy, the fritters were a little cold, but the honey butter was amazing!  And of course I got a bag of cotton candy, blue raspberry, yum!

     All the Alaska state fair made me do was miss the Fryeburg fair, a lot!  If I don't go this year it will be the first year in my entire life that I haven't gone.  So yes I am taking donations to make it back home for that haha!  

Wilted giant cabbages 

I spy a giant zucchini (middle of picture)

Geese! 

Native wildli... Wait what, is that a peacock?! 


Corn fritters with honey butter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment