Monday, September 2, 2013

Changing of the seasons

     The weather is surely changing here in south central Alaska... It barely makes it into the 60's and falls well into the 40's at night!  We are also losing around 7 minutes a day in sunlight.  All of these changes have me excited for what's to come... winter!  A good hearty winter is one of the many reasons I moved out here, I just miss getting dumped on with snow, skiing powder days and below zero temps; three things that have sadly become a rarity in New England.
     More things that excite me about the changing of the seasons are: cute winter clothes, jackets, because a girl can never have too many jackets, pumpkin spice lattes and peppermint mochas, termination dust, and the NORTHERN LIGHTS!
     Today I decided to get out of the house and take a little drive, I ended up at beluga point along turnagain arm, just south of anchorage.  It's a scenic pullout that offers views of turnagain arm and if your lucky breaching of beluga whales... I didn't spy any today.  There has been a high wind warning here today so the inlet was all white caps making a whale hard to spot!  It was still a peaceful drive and a beautiful sight!
     On my ride back home I decided to swing by REI and check out their Labor Day sales... I struck it rich, or well I'm no longer rich.  I found the perfect pair of Dalbello ski boots that match my skis perfectly.  They were the only ones in my size and were 40% off!  


I am definitely ready for winter! 




No comments:

Post a Comment