Sunday, September 1, 2013

South fork hiking!


     One of my new favorite places to hike happens to be right here in my new town!  The south fork of the Eagle River trailhead, which is a Chugach state park trail head has afforded me many adventures this summer!  I have done several different hikes: one back into the valley off trail following and old game trail where I saw wolf prints, moose prints and bear sign while over looking Anchorage.  Another was blueberry picking right alongside the trail, and the most recent was a 10mi hike that goes to Eagle and Symphony lakes!  I did the ten miles in just over three hours, it was a gorgeous sunny day resulting in a little skin scorching being as I am now a pale Alaskan and not my usual tan self!  South fork is also one of those places I just like to drive to and look at the view while enjoying a meal! 




I have more pictures on my camera that I will add soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment