Sunday, September 1, 2013

1 month!

     So it has been one month since I started my new job and moved into my apartment!  I am in a much better state of mind and am getting closer to the old happy go lucky Lulu!  
     The kids at work keep me busy and tire me out day after day, but it is fun and it makes the time pass very quickly!  Since I haven't met that many new people yet, I have taken a liking to cooking.  Some of the new recipes I have made are: roasted cauliflower, baked zucchini, many different dishes involving quinoa, and turkey and quinoa stuffed peppers! I try to do one thing everyday after work to avoid the come home and sit in front of the tv slump, so I either go for a run, drive to a scenic spot, cook, or do something crafty!  I think things are coming together just in time for winter, which will be my next challenge.  It is already starting to get colder in the mornings, down into the 40's.  We lose around 5-7min of daylight each day.  I was shocked and caught off guard when I was out at 9:30 the other night and the highway street lights and everyone's headlights were on... But that only means one thing, I'm that much closer to seeing the northern lights! 

Well all is well here! 

Horned bedstraw catapillar, the kids found on the playground 

Polar bear at the Alaska zoo! 


I also like to bargain shop, which isn't news to many people, but I got all of this for around $60!  The blanket alone was originally $75! 

No comments:

Post a Comment