Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 4


We started our day off at "Our Place" a little locals restaurant in Cody, WY.  On our way into town the night before we spotted the Sierra trading post outlet store, so after breakfast we made a stop there and scored some good deals, but not before heading to Walmart for some rain-x with bug shield.  The masses of bugs that has collected on the front of my car and windshield in effectively turning my blue car white, yuck! 
     After breakfast we headed to the northeast entrance of Yellowstone.  This route took us the through the Shoshone and Gallatin National Forests.  We saw another moose!  The entrance fee for Yellowstone was $25, and we had already paid $15 for badlands and are planning on going to others, so instead we purchased a yearly pass for $80 (minus the $15).  
     Not even 3 miles into Yellowstone I saw my first bison, and they never sopped!  By the end of our passing through I had seen 1,000s of them.  We also saw elk, pronghorn, and unfortunately arrived too late in the day to see the wolves feeding on a natural death bison carcass.  I will return to Yellowstone one day, and stay until I witness the wolves.    
     After Yellowstone we headed to Bozeman for dinner and a little walk around town.  I loved it there, such a friendly, neat little town with great shops and good food!  We ate at Montana Ale Works, I had the most amazing salad comprised of local produce and goat cheese, and mom tried their meatloaf that was also made with local ingredients, including bison.  Since this was our first good meal in a few days we splurged and had dessert as well. I opted for my all time favorite Creme brûlée and mom the whipped cheesecake, both yummy!  
     Our final destination for the night was Great Falls, a place we were assuming was a small city, but when we came up over the last hill the whole sky was white with lights.  It was another long day, but not nearly as far as the last two,  around 650mi.

Headed into Canada today! I will be posting picture blogs when I get to Alaska.  For now the pictures I post are from my cell phone! 
Moose in Shoshone 
Flip flops and snow don't mix
First bison
Bison
It's not goodbye it's see you later! 




No comments:

Post a Comment