Sunday, May 5, 2013

One week!

We are now down to just one week before departure!  I am trying very hard to get all my school work done, but I keep getting side tracked with excitement and ideas for the road trip!  My mom and I have a very preliminary, and basic route mapped out.  We plan to drive almost non-stop to South Dakota, as I do not want to waste time in the East.  Once in SD, we hope to visit the Bad Lands and the Black Hill before continuing west.  Our next big stop will be a quick visit to Yellowstone, a decision that was made over breakfast this morning, and then will be my pick, Montana!  I am hoping to visit the American Prairie Reserve in Bozeman.  This is where they did the bison reintroduction, and they are actively acquiring lands to  increase the size of the reserve, with a goal of restoring it to the conditions seen by Lewis and Clark!  There are also prairie dogs, pronghorns, and many other critters in the reserve.  We will probably have our longest stay in the Wyoming/Montana area.  After Montana we are still undecided as to the route; one option is up to Canada from there, and the other is West to Oregon/Washington and then up from there!  This decision will be made on the fly, depending upon progress, weather, and many other factors.  We are aiming for arrival in Talkeetna area around the 21/22 of May.  


Just a reminder that I will be having my Graduation/Going Away party this Saturday May 11!  All are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment