We headed straight for Glacier National Park today, but first we stopped at Starbucks! Mom and I had bet going, the first person to see an Alaska license plate won and the other person had to buy Starbucks...I won! Spied the Alaska RV just outside Yellowstone yesterday. There was only 1 Starbucks in Great Falls, and it was packed, met some nice folks though.
We opted for a secondary highway on our way to Glacier, it took us through some pretty country where we saw more cows, and horses. On more than one occasion, we saw horses outside their fences and in the road, eek! We entered GNP at the St. Mary's entrance, the road was only open for 13mi, and the visitors center doesn't open until next week; sequestration for ya!
The border was only a short ride from St. Mary's, we were only asked the standard: where are you from, where are you going and why, and then let through! Phew, that was easy!
After crossing the border we headed for Edmonton. Calgary was the first large city we had to pass through... I wouldn't call it passing. We got stuck in traffic for an hour and probably went only 5mi. Speaking of miles, it was actually km, but this college graduate can't do that kind of math. At least we figured out how to put the GPS into km so I could keep track of my speed. We finally made it to Edmonton around 9pm.
Just feel the need to point out that since in Alberta, I've been drooling because there are soooo many nice trucks here. A lot of them have dirt bikes in the back too. Might be back here one day ;). Edmonton is also home to the largest mall in North American, don't know if we will make it there or not.





No comments:
Post a Comment