Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 6

     Beautiful British Columbia, just ask them!  It's proclaimed on their license plates and their entrance sign.  So you might wonder if they've held up... Yes and no.  I wouldn't say most beautiful place on earth(I give Alaska my vote), but it is pretty and I did see three black bears and a coyote so far.  
    We left Edmonton this morning and headed north, we ended up in Fort Nelson, BC.  We crossed through some more farm towns, and then finally made it into the Canadian Rockies.  I think I may have seen wildfires, or at least the smoke from them, because the highway was fogged in with smoke from the neighboring mountains.  
    The scary moment of the day was being followed by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, twice!  Although I was obeying all laws I was still dripping sweat.  We also came upon a traffic backup, but instead if waiting in line, we decided to follow the locals down a side road reroute, it was pretty funny that even the truckers knew all these back dirt roads that would get you back to the highway, saved us a few hours.  Unfortunately the backup was due to a double fatality that we heard about over the radio.  
     We made one quick stop in Dawson Creek for coffee and a picture of the famous mile 0 of the Alaska highway sign.  Tomorrow is looking like another exciting day, and we are aiming to make it to our finally destination late Sunday!  
Another blue sky day! 
Dawson, not the sign I was referring to though, and excuse the reflection. 
Taylor, BC... This ones for you Taylor!!
Hit 4000 mile into our trip sometime today
Sunset in Fort Nelson around 9:30






No comments:

Post a Comment